Pages

Saturday, January 01, 2011

A Whole New Year

Happy 2011!!

Wow, time flies. Sorry I've been sick and of course all the Christmas craziness.  I felt better when I got up this morning, finally.

On the 22nd the holidays started with a concert.  The Trans-Siberian Orchestra played Scotiabank Place.  It was a pretty cool show - a few too many vocals and story telling but the second half picked up.  Yeah and one point they were playing pretty much over our heads.

On the 24th I headed off to the parents for the holidays.  We had dinner with my aunt and her kids on the 25th and of course Santa visited.  Mom really liked the scrapbook I made for her (happy dance).  She did ask that I add a few things so I'll get those ready for next time I'm there.

Unfortunately, it was about then I came down with a sore throat which developed into a cold.  I'm just getting back to feeling human now.  So not how I wanted to spend the holidays.  And all my plans for re-organizing stuff in the apartment have to wait.  Might try and get some done tomorrow but my Lord of the Rings marathon might get in the way.

I got the coolest Christmas gift from Dani Tuesday night after dinner with her and Kathy.

A scissor frog!  Okay it's a flower frog but who's going to tell?  I think I might have to get more scissors now ;)




I got a bunch done of Earthdancer - although I'm beginning to think her hair never ends. 

Here's also my poor, poor pitiful progress on PL

Today I started a new project, a SAL with Bonnie.  Cirrque des cercles by Ink Circles.  The fabric is Lemondrop lugana and the floss is DMC 4240. 

And now back to CdC before bed. 

Til next time




7 comments:

Bonnie Brown said...

It's looking good!!!

Lynn said...

Sorry you weren't feeling all that great over the holidays. It's miserable when that happens.
Your gift from Dani is great. Perfect excuse for new scissors!
I love your choice of floss for your CDC. I'm partial to blues.

Happy New Year!!

Kathy A. said...

Loved your post. Nice stitchy stuff. That's a great scissor frog that Dani gave you.
A new start! Hmmm - I hope it doesn't end up like PL.
and BTW, thanks for the sore throat. I now know where I got it!

Daffycat said...

Best wishes in the new Year, Cristin!

Beautiful scissor frog!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. Earth Dance looks lovely. I love the colours.
Judie

Dani - tkdchick said...

Earth Dancer is looking fantastic!!!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

TSO is an awesome group to see. I just love their music. Your stitching is coming along beautifully.
Be always in stitches.