Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2018

So that happened

What a month September has been!!

At the beginning of the month I went off to Las Vegas for a family vacation with the Parents.  We were there for four and a half days and were busy.  We went to Red Rock Canyon, a show, to see the dolphins at The Mirage, to the top of the Eifel Tower,, to the dragon store and of course the stitching store.












Then it was back home to work where one of my co-worker's husband was hospitalized after a bicycle crash.  He has just been released.

On Friday the 21st six tornados touched down in my general area.  The strongest, an F3 in the Dunrobin area which is about 25 minutes from me.  A F2 in the south west end of the city which cause massive damage to a hydro transfer station.  The others were not near me, three in wooded areas.

I lost power Friday night around 6 pm and was already safely at home.  Crews worked tirelessly to address the damage and make emergency repairs and restore power to around 200 000 residences without power.  Mine came back on around 10 pm Sunday evening.

Yesterday I went off the Kingston Embroidery Guild's Market Day and visiting.

Needless to say that it has been a very busy month with lots of things happening.  I did management to do a little stitching.

No comments: