Pages

Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Taming the stash monster - Part 1

You may have noticed on my monthly goals the general statement: work on stash organization.

Earlier this year, I moved my stash shelves from the closet to what is suppose to be dining room of the apartment.  I say suppose to be be dinning room because it has never been used as one, in fact I don't have a dinning room table.  I thought that it would be a better use of space, and help control the clutter around the apartment.  (ha - it really hasn't helped the rest of the apartment)


It was great - the shelves got moved and what had been on them put back, but that's as far as the stash re-organization went.

I decided it was now time to get back to work on it.  

As I started to plan how the new completed stash area would look, Bonnie mentioned that it would be a good idea for me to blog the project.  I'm not sure how interested anyone is going to be but I gave in and agreed to make a series of posts.  

I will try and do posts as I finish the different areas of the stash collection, for example when the patterns are all done I will do a post on the details.  At the end, a post on the whole area as it came together.  I have a general game plan (with checklists), but you know what they say about plans.

For now, I thought I would introduce the project and the space:





This is what it is like with the shelves I plan to use in the space.  I have  used the space at the end to store my ironing board and cutting mats/rulers.  

It's a bit messy, I have been collecting all the craft supplies from around the apartment and dropping them all over the place as well as shopping for new supplies, which have also ended up there.  

Shadow does not seem impressed with the whole idea



Stay tuned for progress...

4 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Look forward to seeing your progress.

Unknown said...

Looking great so far. I hope reading your progress with prompt me to do the same

Melissa said...

Goodluck! I'm not so organized myself hehe.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Its going to be a neat process to watch.