Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

What Makes a Good Stitcher?

I've been told on several occasions that my stitching must require a lot of patience. 

I was thinking about it and I don't think I would say that patience is correct way to describe it.

I agree stitching requires patience, without it threads would tangle, large projects would be abandoned, you need to be willing to wait and see a picture grow out of the blank fabric and thread.

But there's also creativity to choose the right pattern, fibers and fabric to use.

There's talent needed to correctly translate the pattern to the finished project.

There's precision to repeat the same stitch over and over again, the same way.

There's a little bit (ok a lot) of stubbornness to keep working on a project for months or years, through the frogs and pages, to stay up til the early morning hours to finish. 

What else to do you think is a quality of a good stitcher? Or does it really come down to being patient?

No comments: