Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hangs Head

I have been a bad, bad blogger. 

Where should I start? 

First, I talked Bonnie into ordering me a stitch bag.  She oh-so-nicely did so and Dani was able to pick it up for me when they saw each other.


I know - shocking that it's blue.

Then I got the most excellent surprise in my mailbox from sunny Arizona.  Kathy sent me these lovely scissors


They're in my scissor frog now but I'll have to make a fob soon.  Thank you Kathy :)

I've been trying to do some "professional development", and have been using precious stitching time to work on a course about project management.  Yes, I know I'm crazy.  But the first part is almost done. 

I went last week to see the ice sculptures at Winterlude - and they were closed.  Despite the fact the weather had turned cold they had closed the exhibit and wrapped everything - for the final weekend.  So no cool pictures this year.  I was not very impressed (and at the time also cold).

I do have a little stitching done.  I strained a muscle in my hand a couple week's ago on the bus so stitching was slow/not happening for awhile.  It seems mostly better now so I can pick up again.

Here is Earthdancer:


It's kind of hard to tell, but there is a trail of white down the left side.  In fact the white is the very edge of the design. 

I managed to get a little done on CdC


I received a wedding invitation in the mail this week, which means a new project.  I spoke to the bride in June and she picked the piece.  Wedding row by Bent Creek.  Her colours are silver and navy/midnight blue.  If any wants to suggest fabric or thread let me know.

Now that I've bored you all with that - I'm off to study - then stitch.

3 comments:

Kathy A. said...

I was beginning to wonder if they had arrived. WHEW!!
Nice progress on Earthdancer!
Love those bags you are all showing up with

AnnMcD said...

Hey Christin,
Bonnie is ordering a bag for mwe too!

Lynn said...

I love the blue bag! Earthdancer looks wonderful Christin. Love your new scissors too. I have the same pair in the white with the black trim.