Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's been a long road

This post is totally NOT stitching related (you’ve been warned…)

Tonight it's been officially a year since I started what I hope to be a life change. By changing not only certain ways I was thinking but also other choices the overall plan is to address the weight issue that has plagued me for as long as I can remember. The biggest step in this was joining Weight Watchers, and have been using their on line system and of course the gym.

Here's a picture of me from August 2008:













And here is one from this August:














Yup, that's about 70 pounds less of me.

I'll admit I went on maintenance for part of the summer, I wanted to see for myself that I could keep off what I had lost. I've fallen into that trap before, lose then real life makes you gain it back. I feel that I can maintain what I've done. I'm about ready to start up again, right after I pick a final goal weight. The huge change is for the first time in about nineteen years I am no longer obese but "merely" overweight. Yes, there was a happy dance over that one.

I'm also happy to say that all the "fitness" goals I had have been met. Walking Curl Road in under an hour, doing 50 sit ups all at once and walking from Dominion station to home. It's not a lot but last year I didn't think I'd do it all.


One last thing: no one does something like this alone –

So I want to thank the girls at work for their support – and encouraging me when I didn't want to go to the gym

The parents (do I need to say why??)

And most importantly:

Dani for being my cheerleader, for helping me figure out what to eat, for being my personal shopper, for all the encouragement when I couldn't see the change and all the other things I’m too lazy to type out….I couldn't have made it this far without you (as always)

8 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Christin - I am so very proud of you!!!! You are doing a wonderful thing and it shows. Keep up the good work. I will always cheer you on.

Erica said...

Congratulations on your achievement! You look wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Congratulation on what you have achieved to date - good work and keep going.
Clare

AnnMcD said...

Well done Christin. We are proud of you and are behind you all the way.

~Tammy said...

OMG that is an amazing difference! Congratulations on your successes so far! I'm so happy for you! Keep it up, girl. You're looking great!

Dani - tkdchick said...

You have done an amazing job! Please keep at it! Its been great to have a buddy to do this with. Also to do all that shopping with. Isn't it great, that clothes shopping has become fun!!!

Beatrice said...

I was just checking into my google reader for the first time in over a month and look what I find....
You are amazing. Keep up the good work and stay healthy.
I'm sooo proud of you!!!!

Colleen said...

Congratulations Christin, this is wonderful. Colleen