Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Thanks to the parents...

This weekend I’m pleased to say I got nothing done – I was off road tripping.


Dani and I packed into the car and headed off to the parents where late Sunday morning we were joined by Kathy, Beatrice, Ann and Rebecca.


Mom and Dad live about half way for Dani and I and Kathy, Beatrice and Ann. Rebecca, funny enough, lives down the road.

We spent a great afternoon stitching and talking – and eating. Lots of eating. It was mostly healthy food though – I think we cleaned up a fruit and vegetable tray…



Here is Patches helping Dani stitch on Blackwork fantasy garden... I expect to see a happy dance soon....


There was also a group counceling session for one of my pieces… I have decided that I need to start over on a different colour of fabric. I’ve been very unhappy with the one I chose as I’ve gone along – and I just can’t take it anymore.

I’m going to be getting new fabric soon and will start again.


Here are the ladies working away....


After feasting on yummy bbq chicken (tended to by Dad – Thanks Dad!!), it was time to load back into the car and head home. Stupid work in the morning!


Actually, speaking of work, we had a communications seminar which was interesting. We determined that I’m a combo of Process and Idea driven communication and switch back and forth at any moment – also funny is that this makes me a 24 (or 2 and 4)… where’s the beer???



Last night the gang from work got together to celebrate a co-worker’s birthday with a bbq… this was a last minute change from the pub that we were going to. Lots of fun but no stitching time.



I finished the page on PL, and decided to go up to the next page and

not over. Actually that was Dani's idea. Hopefully within the week I'll have this motif done (a girl can dream)


Tonight I had to go and replace my bank card, it finally decided that it was done after 5 years. Then I went to the grocery store and tried it out - yum strawberries

5 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Thank you again Christin for a lovely weekend. And a big thank you to your parents for hosting it. We all had a great time. You are the best!

Rebel In Ontario said...

I had a wonderful time as well- thanks Mom and Dad!
I'm looking forward to seeing PL move closer to the finish as we move along this summer.

Beatrice said...

Tell your folks Thanks so much for opening there home to us. I had a great time. It was wonderful to see you and you look Terrific I might add!!!

Beatrice said...

P/S PL is coming along...good for you!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Thank you Mom&Dad! It was a great weekend!!!! Yup I think you should finish that motif tomorrow. No napping allowed!