Monday, March 23, 2009

"No, it was a snort"

Geez, where has the time gone??

My holidays are now over and this morning it was back to work. Thankfully, the girls didn't hide my desk in stuff while I was away....

This weekend I'm pretty sure was stitching heaven.

Thursday I made it Ann's to attend Thursday afternoon stitching with the ladies. As always it was wonderful to see them all and to see the always inspiring Adriana.

I stayed with Ann Thursday and Friday morning assisted in some last minute prep things for the weekend, including cooking - gasp-- but it turned out.

Friday afternoon Beatrice and I were the first to arrive at the Timberhouse Bed and Breakfast for a wonderful weekend stitching.

As the day progressed the B&B filled up until 17 of us were there.

Dani arrived from her trip to Florida and the two of us headed out for a walk before dinner. What better way to work up an appetite?
Also before I forget the quote for this blog was my response to Dani appearing after dinner with her quilt -- I think she deserved a bit of a break after all that travelling....

After dinner we also took the time to have birthday cake - 4 of the attending stitchers have or are having a birthday in the next month. Here they all are (Marie-Paule, Dani, Rebbecca and Ann)

I actually managed to stay up past minute stitching. My eyes finally had enough and off I went to bed. I got up about 7 and Dani, Rebbecca and I headed out for another walk before breakfast and a day of stitching.

Around 1 we headed off to see what wonderful creation Dan had made for our lunch...
Dan hard at work and his creation:

Then it was back to stitching!!

In the afternoon Rebbecca and I went for another walk (to work off that lunch). Dani decided to run which either of us were coughstupidcough enough to do. She did join us about half way back. It was during this walk I managed to get a couple of shots of two pair of swans that are starting to nest near by.

Saturday evening it was back to stitching. I didn't make it as late. Opps

In the morning I also decided NOT to walk but stitched instead.

We all packed up to head home about 12, after a lovely laughter filled visit. I think the only complaint we had was that it was over.

I worked on PL most of the weekend. I finished the page I was working on, and then was stubborn -- the large motif that was next must be finished. Even though I didn't like it -- it took pretty much a whole day but I did get it done!!

When I got home I had a message from my landlord that they want to do some work this week so I have to do some prep work/cleaning for them.


Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful weekend and I am looking forward to the next one! I enjoyed my time with everyone.

Beatrice said...

Didn't we just have a ball.
Your motif on PL is actually looking quite nice I don't mind the look of it even if it is a bit different than the rest of them!
I went home and dug her out.. yes, from the bottom of the pile and did a bit of back stitching on her. She has a lot of BS.. get it ??

Cindy F. said...

The retreat sounds like it was a wonderful time! Great pics too!
And you made some beautiful progress on your PL!!

Kathy A. said...

Sounds like one amazing weekend. I am so jealous!!! Was my house ok?
Glad to hear the swans are nesting agian

Rebecca (AKA - Rebel In Ontario) said...

I had a wonderful time as well, and weekend you want to come to my place and do it again (stitching, eating, walking - in that order) you are more than welcome!

Dani - tkdchick said...

I'm surprised you didn't save that picture of me for blackmail!