Monday, October 20, 2008

Wacky Fun


Sorry for the delay. I was so tired last night I didn’t think I’d be able to type a coherent post.

On to the good stuff:

Thursday night two friends and I made our way to Toronto for Creativfestival. We made pretty good time considering we had to make two stops (one for food).

Once we arrived at the hotel at about 9:30 we were informed the hotel was having “mechanical” problems and they didn’t have a room for us. They would be sending us to another hotel for the night and we would be moved back the next night.

But after a few minutes the manager came back to tell us they had a bed with a king sized bed and would send up a cot. We would be there for the night and then move the next day. Done. Up to the room we went, with free breakfast for the morning.

Friday morning after showers and repacking for the room change we headed downstairs for our free breakfast. The hotel has the cutest little ketchup bottles, about an inch high.

After we were done eating we headed off to the Convention Centre and our first class.

Holly and Ivy ornament, which was a joint class with Teresa Wentzler and Jennifer Aikman-Smith.

That was fun although a lot of satin stitches.

After leaving class it was off to find food, we ended up at the near-by CBC building.

Since our next class wasn’t until 5, we stopped by the hotel and changed to our new room (and better shoes for me), it was off to the shopping mart. There was lots of scrapbooking and bead booth and this year it seemed that quilting supplied had more booths than past years.

I saw this quilt in one of the booths and had to get a picture

At five it was off to Jennifer’s Dragon’s lullaby class. I know that Dani did the model for this so you can check her

blog to see if she’s posted her finish.

Here's a shot of Jennifer with the monster she

drew for the class. He's kinda cute....

After class, Teresa and Jennifer joined us for a nice quiet dinner.

After we got back to the hotel Beverly and Jill joined us in

our room for a visit and stitching, which went on until just after midnight. We fell into bed to sleep after setting the alarm to get up for our 9 o’clock class the next morning.

Teresa’s Delightful dragon fob.I made a start

in class, but it doesn’t look like much.

After that I was free until the day. I headed back to

the shopping area and found a few more things to buy. In my defense a few things I picked up are Christmas gifts.

By 2:30 I was done shopping and headed back to the hotel for a rest. I actually ended up stitching and finishing up the Criminal minds episode that I was

watching on my portable dvd player in the car.

Before I got too comfortable or decided to take a nap I headed back to the festival to met a group

for dinner. 7 of us headed off to a near by restaurant for food and a chat. The downer was because of the football game and Madonna concert the staff at the restaurant rushed us.

Here is Beverly working on Dragon's lullaby.

But that was okay. We headed back the hotel and our pjs and another night of stitching with Beverly and Jill. The difference was that at about 10:30 we got a call asking if we could come down and help put together class kits for the next day.

So off the 5 of us went in our pjs to help, and we stayed for a brief visit before heading off to bed and an early night of midnight.

The next morning, after showers and packing we went for breakfast before checking out and heading off to class.

First was TW’s Camelot miniature. So much over one , I’m pretty sure that’s why it’s a miniature.

Here's the view from the hotel room that we finally settled in.

Then I finished off the classes with Jennifer’s First dragon encounter.

Here are all the class kits, just few new projects.

Here's the shopping I did. For some reason blogger has decided it needs to go sideways.

We left the show about 2 and headed for home, where I had a slightly mad kitty waiting for me….

All it all it was a wonderful time – although I think I’m down about 12 hours of sleep!


Kathy A. said...

Oh that looks like so much fun. Bet you had a great time.

Cindy F. said...

Sounds fun:) What a great opportunity! I wish we had something like that here in TX. Thanks for sharing!

AnnMcD said...

I'd say you guys had a blast. Marie Paule said that you all jumped on her and scared her almost to death. The version I heard from Dani was that you guys just hugged her from behind (but almost gave her a heart atack) ...who to believe????

Looks like some great stash too!