Pages

Monday, September 01, 2008

The Best Way To Spend The Weekend

Oh, where to start?

Friday afternoon, Dani and I packed into the car and headed off to Kathy's for the weekend.

Here's a shot of the view from the deck where we spend a lot of time.

When we arrived, Beatrice was there to join us for dinner and an evening of stitching.

Saturday Lynn arrived, and well as several of the Brighton ladies.
I managed to catch Dani and Lynn relaxing and stitching in the sun:
Such a hardship don't you think?















I also managed to get this photo of Dani, Judy and Adriana Sunday afternoon.















As for stitching, which was squeezed into the times between eating, chatting and laughing here's my stitching progress.

I pulled a "Beatrice" aka a new start. Here's Bear cub by Stitching Studio based on a Sue Coleman original. I had to (cough) force myself to start this when I realized I had forgotten to pack the floss/chart to work on Poke. Too bad I wasn't disappointed about that...










Then there's the progress on Paradigm Lost, which I worked on last night, and managed to finish my second page (finally!!!):









Sunday I worked on Earthdancer for most of the day, I haven't been keeping up with that one, and I don't know why!!




















Saturday I did a bunch of beading and managed to finish the ornament that I had been working on.



Victorian Lace Snowflake
by Rosewood Manor
Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornaments 2007
on 28ct white Lugana
with DMC and Mill Hill Beads











Thank you Kathy for hosting such a lovely weekend. It was a wonderful time, good friends, good food and lots of stitching. The perfect way to end the summer!

3 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

It was a great weekend!!!!

Beatrice said...

It was so good to see you. What a great weekend...your right and the weather was perfect. It seems you did a lot of stitching. It all looks wonderful.
Congratulations on the finish of Victorian lace snowflake. It's a beauty!

Rebel In Ontario said...

I agree, what a wonderful way to finish off the summer! It was great sitting, stitching and chatting with you on Sunday. Remember anytime you are with the "parentals" and need a break, I'm just down the road!