Pages

Monday, August 20, 2007

Weekend O' Fun

Oh, where to start.

Thursday I packed myself up and headed off for Retreat weekend. It started at Dani's house, where I spent the night before we packed up the car and headed off to Kingston for our first stop.

We were joined at my parents by Chrisanne and Rebecca Friday evening for stitching and birthday cake. We were also joined by two of my aunts who enjoyed going over the piles of finished projects. In fact, I have had a request for a piece from one aunt. I picked up the pattern and will now have to figure out when I can fit it in.

Saturday morning we made a brief stop to pick up our friend Beth before heading off to the 9th Annual Retreat at Ann's house. We settled in for a day of stitching, enabling and food.

Ann's living room was turned into a display area for finished pieces, which were all fantastic.
We decided to make a display for all the Celtic Banners that have been finished. Last year Dani, Colleen, Carmen and I displayed our finished banners which inspired several others to stitch one as well. Here they are:


I picked up a bit of stash while I was there. I had a gift certificate to spend so I decided to pick up a few fabrics that I had used and didn't replace as well as a few other things.


Sunday morning we had a wonderful breakfast and morning of stitching. All too soon it was time to pack up the car and start the trip home.

Thanks for the wonderful time Ann.

We stopped at my parents again where Dani and I saw my Aunt and started teaching her to stitch.

This afternoon it was back home to a cranky kitty.

Guardian had the last cross stitches added Saturday and the back stitching started. There is still some back stitching left. I hope to have it finished by the end of the week. Fingers crossed :)

3 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Dont the banners look cool swinging in the breeze. It was indeed a fun time. It was great to see you again. Till next time

Beatrice said...

I will add some pictures as well to my blog. Yours look great.
The Guardian is amazing, you did a lot on it this weekend.
You definitely had a full weekend.
Thanks again for the lovely gifts.

Karin said...

What fantastic work! Good luck in getting Guardian finished.